I found this recipe on mindbodygreen.com ♥ (love that website) and HAD to try!!! Omg it is sooooooo delicious!!! It really is the perfect dessert and it is super easy to make! Every time I've made it for a group of people it has been well-loved by the masses!
Ingredients for crust:
Ingredients for filling:
1. Start with the crust. Grease a pie dish with coconut oil. Process the crust ingredients in a food processor or blender and press them into the prepared dish until a loose crust forms
2. For the cheesecake filling, drain the soaked cashews and rinse with warm water.
3. Place the drained cashews, salt, and cinnamon in a blender or food processor. Start blending on low and pour in the agave or maple syrup, coconut oil and almond butter. Keep blending until the mixture is silky smooth. Add a splash of water if the mixture is too thick to blend (this can happen if the cashews haven't been soaked long enough).
4. Pour filling into the pie dish and smooth the top. Add unsweetened shredded coconut to topping (optional)
5. Chill in the fridge until firm enough to slice, at least 2 hours—overnight is best. To speed up chilling time: place in the freezer for 1 hour just after pouring filling, then back in the fridge. Serve chilled. Store any leftovers, covered, in the fridge and consume within 2-3 days.
Kathy Patalsky, Author of "Healthy, Happy, Vegan Kitchen"